In contrast to the classical Game of Life, CellFighter:
- Allows to create two rival colonies of artificial life and to place
various auxiliary objects (sources of life, stones, food and poison) into the
- Allows a player to add cells in real time (without
stopping birth-and-death process), but this player possibility can be limited
by restrictions of input.
- Gives power to change rules of birth
and death that is greater than in other implementations of Conway's Life.
- Automatically ceases the birth-and-death process if an
autostop condition defined by user is satisfied.
- Keeps detailed
statistics and uses it to calculate a score according to adjustable
The purpose of the above innovations is to transform the Game of Life
from an environment for various experiments into a genuine game with
an active player and a clear goal. In addition, these features allow
you to construct many various games: each game can have its own goal
(score rules), condition of end (autostop condition), behavior of
artificial life (rules of birth and death), player capabilities
(restrictions of input) and game environment (extra types of cells).
Each game can be provided with its own description which is available
to read and edit.
colors and forms of cells.
- Import of patterns written in the most
popular formats of Life files ("picture" and "point list").
- Copying the playing field to memory and restoring it from memory
in one button press.
- Adjustable speed of the birth-and-death process.